The Echo is excited to expand our submissions to a broader group of writers and artists. We are proud to accept submissions from any teenager (ages 13-19). This year, we’re especially interested in publishing pieces relating to growth.
Growth can be…
- Physical (of you, a character, the world around you, any physical change)
- Environmental (physical and digital landscapes, current events, etc.)
- Strengthening (of a relationship, skill, etc.)
Before you submit, please scroll below and familiarize yourself with our guidelines.
We accept poetry, memoirs, short stories and flash fiction in any genre, critical essays, short scripts, art, and photography.
Do Not Submit:
- Fan fiction or other derivative works
- Anything that would earn a rating of R or Mature. Use your discretion. When in doubt, submit.
- Illegal confessions
- Unfinished pieces
- Anything over 5,000 words
These are hard sells:
- “It was all a dream!” endings
- Mystical creatures
- Pieces that contain song lyrics
- Stereotypical cliques
- Anything over 3,000 words
For Art/Photography: Digital art and photography is preferred. If submitting physical art, submit the highest quality scan/image of your artwork that you can. We are willing to work with artists to capture your work in magazine quality if your work is accepted.
That’s all! Thank you for your interest in submitting to us; we look forward to seeing your work.